Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish

12:57 PM


I admit, there are days I’d like to close my eyes, wish for an amazing meal to appear and tah-dah! Dinner is served. But what if it was the other way around? What if by eating a dish you grant the wish of a child with a life-threatening condition? That’s just what Maggiano’s is doing to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.


Now through June 27th (yup, that’s less than a week away people), Maggiano’s will donate $1 from the sale of select menu items, offer a special Maggiano’s music CD, and sell wish stars in any denomination all benefiting Make-A-Wish. Also, for each new Like on the Maggiano’s Facebookpage, Maggiano’s will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish (up to $25,000).

I had the opportunity to sample some of the select menu items from the Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish menu at a recent Boston Parent Blogger event. Maggiano’s is known for its made-from-scratch menu items and the Make-A-Wish menu is no exception. Everything from the Shrimp, Crab and Avocado Lemonette to the Veal Meatball Bolognese was absolutely delicious. We also got to try some items from the regular menu and some pretty fantastic drinks and desserts.

Grilled Mahi Mahi & Shrimp, Caprese Salad, Fresh Berry Tiramisu were some items sampled

It’s been a few years since I’ve been to Maggiano’s, and my recent visit was just as pleasant as the last time I was there. There was one thing that was different in that I had a 3-year old as my date this time. Maggiano’s is known for its family-style dining, so this is a great place to bring kids. They have an extensive kids menu and were more than accommodating to all the parents that brought their kids. And what better place to introduce kids to some classic Rat Pack tunes?

So as I listen to “Too Marvelous For Words” by none other than Frank Sinatra, I urge you to support Maggiano’s fundraising efforts for Make-A-Wish.

Disclosure: Thanks to Maggiano’s and Boston Parent Bloggers for hosting the event, which I received free of charge. I have no material connection to the brands, products or services mentioned. As always, opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments