March of Dimes/Macy's Shop for a Cause2:28 PM
When I started this blog a few years ago, I figured I would blog about a couple of recipes, maybe a restaurant review here and there. I was new to the blogosphere and had little foresight that blogging can extend far beyond a snarky post, a flash giveaway, and some food porn. Blogs and social media can be used for good, helping others in need by amplifying a message to the masses.
That is why I am thrilled to participate in the March of Dimes/Macy’s Shop for a Cause Campaign. If you aren’t familiar with the March of Dimes, they’ve been around since 1938, working to prevent birth defects, premature birth, infant mortality along with advancing maternal and health research. Did you know 1 in 8 babies are born too early? These babies face an increased risk of serious medical complications or death. The March of Dimes is helping moms have full-term pregnancies and research the problems that threaten the health of babies.
Save 25% on the 25th and Help Babies
So here’s the fun part – March of Dimes has partnered with Macy’s for a special Shop for a Cause fundraiser. Here’s how it works:
- Buy a $5 Macy’s savings pass and use it to get 25% off regular, sale and clearance merchandise throughout the store as well as 10% off furniture, mattresses and area rugs. The pass is valid in all Macy’s stores on Saturday, August 25, 2012.
- Macy's will donate 100% of the $5 cost of the savings pass to the March of Dimes to help give more babies a healthy start in life.
When to buy passes:
- August 15-24: buy passes in-store (good for in-store purchases only)
- August 25: buy a $5 savings pass online at macys.com (good for online purchases only)
When to shop:
- August 25: use your passes online or in-stores (depending on where you bought them)
- August 24-25: Two stores in Massachusetts will hold an exclusive Two-Day Shop for a Cause - Boston (450 Washington Street, Boston); Berkshire (170 Old State Road, Lanesboro).
And you have to admit, there’s still more back-to-school shopping to be done (hell, I’m still trying to catch up and get some summer shopping done). I thought I’d help and share some ideas when it comes to kitchen gear for back-to-school meals, school clothes, and some arm candy for being a rockin’ mom:
|OXO Pop Containers: great storage solution for cereals, grains, and snacks.|
|Zojirushi Rice Cooker: Set-it-and-forget-it for perfect rice for weekday meals.|
|OXO 3-in-1 Avocado Tool: sliced avocado for sandwiches or quac never has been easier.|
|Bodum Coffee Press: for the extra boost parents need during the school year.|
|Zoku Quick Pop Maker: fresh & healthy smoothie pops in 7 minutes for after school snack.|
|Levis, Mechanics Tee, Chuck Taylors: coolest kid on the playground.|
|Coach Carryall: perfect for PTO meeting to weekend getaway.|
You can also check out more picks on my Macy’s Shop for a Cause Pinterest board here.
Go to Macy’s this Saturday (or online at macys.com), buy a savings pass, get your BTS shopping done, save 25%, help babies. Doesn’t get better than that.
This post was inspired by my participation in a compensated program initiated by Women Online/TheMission List to raise awareness about the March of Dimes/Macy’s charitable fundraiser. All commentary, opinions, and fabulous finds are, of course, my own.