Easy Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Grass Chicken and Vegetables (yes, easy!)8:34 AM
There have been many experimental recipes in my quest to raise adventurous eaters. Through these recipes, I hope to introduce our kids to unique flavor profiles. Sure they love simple meals (I have yet to meet anyone that does not like mac and cheese). But it’s important to us that our boys have the opportunity to try different dishes ranging from arepas to za’atar. Our pantry is well-stocked with many exotic spices. I think my jar of Chinese Five Spice will last us through the year 2020.
So when I was invited to join the Massachusetts WORLDFOODS Fusion Taste Team, I said “hai” (yes in Cantonese)! WORLDFOODS makes 51 types of Asian sauces: dipping, stir-fry, cooking, marinades, chutneys and salad dressings. Made from 100% natural ingredients, traditional herbs and spices, WORLDFOOD sauces represent cuisines from Thailand, Malaysia, China and India. This would be a perfect opportunity to introduce my family to exotic Asian recipes without having to scour Asian markets for a million different ingredients and many hours in the kitchen.
First up, Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Grass Stir-Fry. My kids love Asian food, but are not big fans of anything too spicy. So I wanted to try flavors that I knew they would love but not burn their taste buds off (some of those chilies are HOT). As soon as you open a jar of WORLDFOODS sauces, you can smell the exotic spices and fresh ingredients. Stir fry with some meat and your favorite veggies and you have a complete meal faster than if you ordered take-out. And I dare say even better than take-out. This stuff is good. And a perfect weeknight solution for even the most adventurous types. We’re looking forward to trying some other sauces – maybe with a bit more heat next time!
Easy Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Grass Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ lb sugar snaps, strings removed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced on a diagonal
- 1 jar WORLDFOODS Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Grass Stir Fry Sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over high heat. Add half the chicken; cook and stirring constantly, until opaque throughout (2-4 minutes). Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan, along with the onion, sugar snaps and carrots. Cook, stirring constantly until onion is tender and golden.
- Add the jar of stir fry sauce and chicken (and any accumulated juices) back into pan and heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is heated through and slightly thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodels and enjoy!