Bon Voyage, Part I

9:02 PM



Why, hello! Yes, it's me! And yes, I'm still blogging! I have been away from umommy for sometime thanks to a busy work schedule (like 14-hour a day work days). I'm hoping work will slow down to a normal pace as I've missed this little corner of my world.

And speaking of corners of the world, the other reason I've been absent is that I've just returned from a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Europe with one of my best friends. Just the two of us. No kids. It was heaven.  Eight days of exploring and eating our way through Paris and Cinque Terra, Italy. I'm still pinching myself wondering if it was all a dream.

Rather than go through the mundane travel details, I thought I'd share the culinary highlights of our trip.  It was eye candy on every corner (I gave my DSLR and iPhone camera a good workout). Particularly when we stumbled on the markets on rue Montorgueil in the 2nd. So without further adieu (I'm so french!), here are some of my favorite food moments during our first part of our trip: Paris

Paninis on almost every street corner

Fell in love with storefronts and signs, including this boulangerie

All the produce looked like this on Sunday
 


Fromage of course!

Passed on escargot, but you gotta love this restaurant sign

Chocolate eclair from world-famous Stohrer

Duck confit, foie gras, and more


 
Had one of our best meals at a tiny food stall in Le Marche des Enfants Rouges, the oldest covered market in Paris.

Just love how everything is displayed with care and flair

Cafe au lait has changed the way I look at coffee

Rain gave us a perfect excuse to tuck into a cafe and sip delicious wine





You Might Also Like

0 comments