This Week's Meal Plan (feat. Dumplings!)

9:50 AM



After a much-needed vacation, indulging on poke, shave ice and anything with pineapple, I'm trying to be more disciplined and get back to meal planning. This week's menu is inspired by my recent binge watching of David Chang's Ugly Delicious on Netflix. It's Asia vs. Italy this week. The winner? Us, of course ;)


SUNDAY: CHINESE PORK DUMPLINGS
After watching David Chang explore the world of stuffed pasta in the season finale of Ugly Delicious, I have been craving dumplings like crazy. I don't think anyone will complain when I make these dumplings (using ground pork instead).


MONDAY: LINGUINE WITH CAULIFLOWER, GARLIC AND BREAD CRUMBS
This dish from Food and Wine is super easy to make, plus my boys love this Meatless Monday dish. I love it because it is a great pantry staple dish. And have I mentioned how much I love cauliflower?


TUESDAY: KATSUDON JAPANESE PORK CUTLET AND EGG RICE BOWL
I'm excited to try this dish from The Works of Life this week. Pork cutlets, eggs, over rice? What's not to like? H/t to Cool Mom Eats. P.S. Make extra rice for Thursday's Fried Rice!


WEDNESDAY: PASTA WITH SAUSAGE, ROSEMARY AND TOMATOES
Umdaddy requested this meal this week. This is the perfect weeknight dish. I can whip this up quickly (I've made it so often I don't need a recipe), and it's comfort in a bowl. Plus I'll make extra for leftovers for lunch the next day.


THURSDAY: FRIED RICE
This is a great end-of-the-week meal as I look to clean out the fridge. I'll use the leftover rice from Tuesday's dinner for this dish. This is another meal I don't use a recipe for. My secret is Chinese sausage from DePasquale's. This flavorful, sweet sausage really makes this dish. The "Fried Rice" episode of Ugly Delicious also hit home the most for me as David Chang explores the history of  Chinese-American cuisine.


FRIDAY: TURKEY BURGERS
Ending the week All-American with our go-to turkey burger recipe from Martha Stewart. I love to serve this with a side of Baked Sweet Potato Fries from ChopChop Magazine. So easy and delicious.

Have a great week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments