I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

6:32 AM


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am not much of a baker. I will be the first to raise my glass (no spiked egg nog for me - hot cocoa with some kahlua please) to anyone that engages in a baking marathon of Christmas cookie after Christmas cookie. Especially when I am the lucky recipient of such tasty, hard work!  It's no wonder I am drawn to no-bake, home-baked gifts.

White Christmas was first introduced to me by my mother-in-law. An addictive combo of sweet and salty, it has become our standby home "baked" gift for family and friends during the holidays. At first glance, it may not seem like much. But once you try it, you are hooked. Seriously. Alton Brown has a version (which he calls White Trash) in which he warns his readers to "Dole this stuff out carefully. It is highly habit forming."

So as my Christmas gift to anyone reading this, here is our recipe for White Christmas. Enjoy!




White Christmas


INGREDIENTS:
4 cups Cheerios
4 cups Golden Grahams
2 cups peanuts
2 8 oz. bags white chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix Cheerios, Golden Grahams and peanuts in a large bowl.
2. Melt white chocolate and pour over ingredients. Fold until mixture is well-coated.
3. Spread mixture on parchment paper and cool.
5. Break into pieces and place in air-tight container.

You Might Also Like

3 comments