My Top 5 Cookbooks for the Foodie Family (Pt 1)

6:30 PM

If you're like me (world-class procrastinator), you may still be looking for some holiday gift ideas so you can start checking off everyone on your "nice" list. Here are some of my favorites - proven by the dirty, well-worn pages with crumbs caught between pages.


For busy families: Everyday Food: Great Food Fast This is our go-to cookbook for weeknight meals. Organized by season, this cookbook has a recipe for everyone. Simple and delicious meals - 250 to be exact.


For the baker: Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery + Cafe I have always been timid when it came to baking. But Joanne Chang has changed that with these amazing - or spectacular - recipes. The photographs are drool-worthy. Best Christmas gift I bought for myself last year.


For anyone who hates doing the dishes: Simply Ming One-Pot Meals Every recipe we've tried so far has been a winner with the whole family. Organized by cooking technique, Ming's Asian-inspired recipes are easy to follow, including quick tips and wine pairings that this mom really appreciates. The fact that all of these can be made in one cooking vessel is a bonus.



For the anyone that likes to entertain but without all the fuss: Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics This cookbook has a crowd-pleasing dish on every page. What I really love about this cookbook is how Ina is able to breakdown a dish to be truly simple yet still be sophisticated to make you look like you slaved in the kitchen all day.


For the adventurous home cook: Spice: Flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean Organized by spice, this cookbook is a master class in Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. This has to be the most beautifully designed cookbook in my collection. A must-have for any cookbook lover on your list.

Stay tuned for Pt 2 of "My Top 5 Cookbooks for the Foodie Family" - all new cookbooks I currently covet (and have conveniently left room for on my bookshelf (hint, hint Santa)).

You Might Also Like

3 comments