No Kid Hungry

8:03 PM

(image credit: Share our Strength)

What a hungry child from a family that struggles to put food on the table might be thinking about in school:

“I don’t care about the lesson my teacher has planned today.”
 
“I don’t care if I get sick again.”
  
“I don’t care if I’m having trouble concentrating.”
 
“I don’t care if the other kids think I’m grumpy all the time.”

“I don’t care if I get another poor grade on a test.”

So what does this child care about?

“I care about how many minutes 
until I get to eat a hot meal.”

So many of us are incredibly fortunate to not have these thoughts because access to healthy food is not a challenge. Sadly, one in five kids in America struggle with hunger. Chances are, there’s a child in your kid’s class that is too hungry to care. So what can we do?

Care. Learn more about Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign and make a donation. For just $1, Share our Strength can connect a child to 10 breakfasts. Or 180 breakfasts (an entire school year!) for just $18. So as we recover from the binge that is Thanksgiving and gear up for indulging at upcoming holiday parties, show these kids you care. Help feed a hungry child during the holidays and throughout the year to come.


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments