Ferragosto

6:20 AM

I am in love with summer, especially this summer. The weather has been spectacular (though we could definitely use some rain) with fun-filled days ending with tired but happy boys. It's hard to believe it is already August and school is just around the corner. So when I heard about Ferragosto, I was all in.

Ferragosto is an Italian national holiday celebrated on August 15th through the end of the month. It marks the celebration of the Assumption of Mary and the beginning of Italy's summer holiday period. Life moves at a slower pace while families enjoy some R&R. So I'm embracing my new favorite holiday by taking it slow and heading to the beach for a picnic dinner with the family.

To celebrate Ferragosto, I'm preparing a traditional Italian meal that's easy to whip up and travels well for beachside dining.

Antipasto salad: caprese salad, prosciutto, salami, olives

Grilled veggies with a lemon, garlic and thyme plus crusty bread

And some Barone Fini Pinot Grigio - classic, crisp and fruity wine that pairs perfectly with this meal and feels like summer in a bottle.

Looking for more ideas to celebrate Ferragosto? Head to Prezza in the North End where Chef Anthony Caturano will be featuring a special Ferragosto menu from August 8-15th. Or head to Prezza after work for happy hour for every glass of Barone Fini wine purchase, 100% proceeds benefit the Greater Boston Food Bank.

See you on the beach! Ciao!

Disclosure: Thank you Barone Fini Winery for sending me a bottle of wine to try. As always, all opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments